[Tweeters] Where Owls Share the Woods

Larry Hubbell ldhubbell at comcast.net
Sat Sep 7 15:28:27 PDT 2013

Tweeters,

This week Dan Pedersen (from Whidbey Island) posted a story on Union Bay Watch about Barred Owls encroaching on Great Horned Owl territory. I have read about their competition with Spotted Owls but not about with GHOs. "All About Birds" says,
"Although the two species often live in the same areas, a Barred Owl will move to another part of its territory when a Great Horned Owl is nearby." I am wondering if anyone has more information on the interaction between these two.

If you would like to see the photos and read the story it is at:

http://unionbaywatch.blogspot.com/2013/09/where-owls-share-woods.html

Have a great day!

Larry Hubbell
ldhubbell at comcast dot net