[Tweeters] Nighthawk in N. Seattle a few days ago

Josh Hayes coralliophila at live.com
Fri Sep 6 17:41:10 PDT 2013

Outlook has informed me that it ate my previous message and found it tasty. So I'm throwing it another bone, although this is now hopelessly out of date. Last TUESDAY, September 3, I was chatting with my college roommate (class of '81, but we keep in touch), and as I stood on my back deck, looking aimlessly up at the evening sky, a nighthawk ghosted across it, and flew several sorties over my yard, and disappeared off east, all without a sound. This is the first nighthawk I've seen from my Licton Springs house (near north seattle CC); is this at all unusual? Or have I just been missing them all these years as they gamboled about over the house? -Josh Hayes, josh dot hayes at q dot com, or coralliophila at live dot com