[Tweeters] American Avocet, YES but...

Ian Paulsen birdbooker at zipcon.net
Fri Sep 6 13:26:14 PDT 2013

HI:
Brad Waggoner messaged me that the Hansville, WA American Avocet was
still there a little after 10:00am, so I drove out there and found the
bird a little after 11:00am. I watched it for about half an hour when it
flew off east towards Whidbey Island. The bird appeared to be an adult
female in faded breeding plumage. This is the first Kitsap County record!
A check of Pt. No Pt. revealed the usual gulls, terns, jaegers, a few
Common Murres and a very few Red-necked Phalaropes. The Agate Pass,
Bainbridge Island, Peregrine Falcon was at it its usual perch on the power
tower next to the bridge.

sincerely
--

Ian Paulsen