[Tweeters] Brown Pelican at Point Roberts, WA

Wayne Weber contopus at telus.net
Thu Sep 5 17:17:00 PDT 2013

Birders,

Yesterday afternoon (September 4th), David Schutz of Coquitlam, BC reported
a BROWN PELICAN flying past Lighthouse Marine Park at Point Roberts. This is
the first sighting I have heard of this year in the Puget Sound/Georgia
Strait area.

Also seen by David at Point Roberts were 40 COMMON TERNS and a PARASITIC
JAEGER. Brian Self, birding Point Roberts at a different time yesterday,
found 130 COMMON TERNS, but missed the pelican.

Who knows what will show up next? We are looking hard for Elegant Terns,
but no luck yet!

Wayne C. Weber

Delta, BC

contopus at telus.net