[Tweeters] Hudsonian Godwit, Elegant Tern & Northern Mockingbird Continue, Sequim, Clallam County

Vincent Lucas vincentlucas5 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 4 17:25:16 PDT 2013

In Sequim, Clallam County, the Hudsonian Godwit at 3 Crabs, now called
the Lower
Dungeness Unit, North Olympic Wildlife Area, Elegant Terns (x3) at
Dungeness Landing County Park and Northern Mockingbird at the Jamestown
Beach area continue as of today, 09/04/2013. Thanks to a heads-up call from
Denny Van Horn, I was able to locate both the Hudsonian Godwit (again) and
Elegant Terns but dipped on the Northern Mockingbird which was seen
initially over a week ago and refound yesterday. The HUGO has been at 3
Crabs for several days now and the Elegant Terns have just arrived at the
Salish Sea but have been seen over a week ago at La Push and Neah Ba, both
in Clallam County. The weather here in the Olympic Peninsula has been rainy
with fog the last several days with just a little bit of intermittent
sunshine. Low tide is best for the godwit which feeds in fairly close to
shore at that time. The Elegant terns were seen feeding out toward the
Dungeness Spit from the park and to the east of the viewing platform
earlier, Here's a link to some photos I took of the Hudsonian Godwit

http://www.flickr.com/photos/leppyone/sets/72157635380613653/

--
Vincent Lucas
Sequim, WA