[Tweeters] Marymoor Park bird blog revised

Michael Hobbs birdmarymoor at frontier.com
Wed Sep 4 14:10:16 PDT 2013

Tweets – For the last 7 years, I’ve been turning my weekly Tweeters posts from Marymoor Park into blog postings, including photos mostly taken by other, much better, photographers.

I’ve just completed a resurrection of these historical blogs, arranging them in a fashion that I’m hoping people will find useful.

See http://www.marymoor.org/BirdBlog.htm

I’ve created a page for each week of the year, comprising all of the blog posts from all the years back to 2007. I also have pages for each month that give an overview of the birding for that month.

So if you are planning a visit to Marymoor, you might want to scan the relevant webpages to see what we’ve previously noted for the week you might be visiting. For example, my survey tomorrow is in Week 36, so you’d want to look at http://www.marymoor.org/blosxom/Birds/Week36.htm If you want an overview for September, take a look at http://www.marymoor.org/blosxom/Birds/09Sep.htm

Note that I calculate week of the year a bit differently than some; I use a straightforward mathematical calculation. The first 7 days of the year a Week 1, the second 7 days are Week 2, etc. As noted on the website, there’s an imperfect match between the week of the year and the various months, so Week 5 straddles the January/February line. Oh, for a more sensible calendar...

The current blog remains the same; you can find the most recent 5 blog posts at http://www.marymoor.org/cgi-bin/blosxom.cgi/Birds

== Michael Hobbs
== www.marymoor.org/birding.htm
== BirdMarymoor at frontier.com