[Tweeters] Salish Sea (southern end san juan island, rosario strait)

NIKKI sailorgirlinconecticut at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 2 08:34:17 PDT 2013

I did a whale watch yesterday- of course watched for birds.

We went around Rosario Strait, Southern end of San Juan Island south of cattle pass. Whale rocks.  I am just making a list of birds I saw, not WHERE specifically. NONE I found were rare, going out again today

1 bald eagle
50+ Red Necked Pharolopes
LOTS of heermans gulls and Western Gulls
Many Common Murre
Many White Winged Scoter
I THINK I Saw a black scoter, I didn't get a good look, but it didn't have the white patches a white winged scotor does.
1-Pacific Loon
2-Belted Kingfisher
Greater Yellow Legs (on some rocks)

Mammals