[Tweeters] Mt. Rainier - Fremont Lookout, WT Ptarmigan

Marcus Roening Marcus.D.Roening at gsk.com
Sun Sep 1 18:48:28 PDT 2013

Hi Tweets,

Heather and I experienced one of those warm glorious days up at Sunrise on Mt. Rainier NP. The Newberry Fleeceflower was doing its best impersonation of fall colors in New England with lots of yellow,orange,red and bright scarler leaves, albeit in a lillipution scale. We hiked the 2.8 miles to Fremont Lookout and were rewarded with two White-tailed Ptarmigan up the slope above the snow field. One was starting to turn white on the belly.

On Sourdough Ridge trail we had a flock of 14 Gray-crowned Rosy-Finches, which was an unusual spot for us to see them. Also had a nice little flock of W. Tanager, YR Warbler, Townsend's Solitaire, Chipping and Savannah Sparrow.

It was a wonderful day to be on the mountain!

Good Birding,

Sent from my iPad

Marcus Roening,
Tacoma. WA