[Tweeters] Late Bullock's Oriele, loads of Evening Grossbeak, Cranes

Rob Conway robin_birder at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 28 17:39:34 PDT 2013

This morning while filling my feeders a Bullocks Oriele landed on the top of a fir snag about 50 feet away and 70 up. It had a rediculously orange coloration and looked much like the leaves that were falling everywhere in our brisk gorge winds. A few minutes later after I came inside I was surprised to see at least 15 Evening Grossbeaks come in and devour the black sunflower I had just put out. This afternoon there were 41 Sandhill Cranes moving deliberately south. Preparing for temperatures in the 20's tonight - brrrrr.

Rob Conway
Camas, WA
45.58°N 122.44°W - elevation 310 ft.
robin_birder at hotmail.com