[Tweeters] WOS Fieldtrip: Late Fall in Cowlitz County

Russ Koppendrayer russkope at gmail.com
Sun Oct 27 20:04:43 PDT 2013

Hi Tweeters,

Eight of us met in Kelso this morning (10/27/13) to find a mist that soon
changed to a serious rain. Our 1st stop at the Longview STP was a washout
as we got wet without being able to see much.

Undaunted we headed to Willow Grove and before we were half way around the
loop there was a rain free window. At the little wooded pond at the west
end a RED-SHOULDERED HAWK flew overhead across the road calling. Not a
great look, but a neat experience. A bit later at the county park we found