[Tweeters] Good week in Kenmore

Linda Phillips linda_phillips1252 at msn.com
Sun Oct 27 16:41:39 PDT 2013

I walk in Wallace Swamp Creek Park almost daily.

This week has given me several surprises. Monday I noticed a small bird hopping up & down in the low bushes. On closer inspection I found it to be a Savannah Sparrow. I only see SAVS passing through "my park" once or twice a year.

Friday I was scanning a mixed flock of chickadees & kinglets and found what I believe to have been a Willow Flycatcher. Of course it was quiet, so I have no confirmation.

WIFL used to nest at Wallace Swamp Creek Park but the last couple of years I've only had a few spring sightings.

Around 1 o'clock Sunday afternoon I had a flock of 8 Sandhill Cranes circling overhead for a few minutes before flying off to the South. The cranes are species #111 on my park list.

I just added #110 on October 14th when I heard and later saw a female Brewer's Blackbird in a flock of robins.

Linda Phillips

Kenmore