[Tweeters] Grays Harbor birding Sat. 10/26

bill shelmerdine georn1 at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 27 06:27:51 PDT 2013

All,

Yesterday I birded coastal Grays Harbor County including Hoquium, Ocean Shores, north to MoClips, then south to Westport. A few good birds were located, but overall birding was quite slow. Weather was calm. Highlights include the following. At Hoquium STP we found 3 first of season Ruddy Ducks. At the base of Damon Point/ beginning of Protection Island Road were 2 Palm Warblers. In Westport, the inner bay behind the Coast Guard Station had 9 Long-tailed Ducks and 2 Red-necked Grebes (both first of season for me.) The ocean was rather quiet, though there were very large mixed species flocks beyond the breakers from the north end of Ocean Shores north. As far as I could tell, just the regular suspects.

Cheers and good birding,

Bill Shelmerdine

georn1 at hotmail.com