[Tweeters] coast birding and GHCBC

Dianna Moore dlmoor2 at coastaccess.com
Fri Oct 25 20:34:09 PDT 2013

Hi all...I have to brag on our sunshine (mostly) out here on the coast
while you have been under gloomy skies. While Oyhut belongs to hunters
right now, we have some good numbers of shorebirds spending time feeding
and resting up; black-bellied plovers, sanderling, dunlin and sandpipers,
with many brown pelicans still cruising the waves.

If you have been keeping up with the latest posts here on Tweeters, you
have seen a few interesting sightings also, but I want to correct what I
believe to be an inaccurate item in the North Coast News quoting someone
out here (NOT a birder) saying there had been a Snowy Owl sighting.
Several birders have looked high and low and none have been seen.

Finally, for those who are interested, the Grays Harbor CBC has been
scheduled for Saturday, January 4th. I Have already contacted most of the
circle "leaders", but if I missed anyone, feel free to contact me.

Thanks.

Dianna Moore
Ocean Shores