[Tweeters] Red-breasted Sapsucker pair in Lincoln Park

Tucker, Trileigh TRI at seattleu.edu
Tue Oct 22 21:55:31 PDT 2013

Hi Tweeters,

Just as the sun began to break through the fog this afternoon, after what seems like weeks of gray, I encountered much fussing and chattering in the Doug Firs, hollies, and camellias at the north end of Lincoln Park. Two of the fussers were Red-breasted Sapsuckers chasing each other around and between trees; others included perhaps 6-8 young robins and at least one flicker. I've had Red-breasted Sapsuckers in this part of the woods once or twice a year for 3-4 years now – always a pleasure to see them, although I've had a devil of a time getting good photographs for whatever reason (this time it was due to dusk light, or at least that's what I tell myself).

Cheers,
Trileigh

Trileigh Tucker
Lincoln Park, West Seattle
Natural history website: naturalpresence.wordpress.com
Flickr page: flickr.com/photos/trileigh