[Tweeters] Townsend's Solitaire in Discovery Park

Neil and Carleen Zimmerman n3zims at comcast.net
Sun Oct 20 09:29:11 PDT 2013

Hello Tweeters,
I lead a Neighborhood Bird Walk for Seattle Audubon yesterday at Discovery Park in Seattle. The fog made for some tough birding. One highlight though, was a Townsend's Solitaire in a Madrone just SW of the dunes at the south meadow. We were picking through the A Robins looking for Varied Thrushes, when someone noticed a gray bird. Turned out to be the Solitaire which gave us some really nice looks. We did eventually find one Varied Thrush in the tree.

Neil Zimmerman
Brier, WA