[Tweeters] Kent shorebirds

Tim Brennan tsbrennan at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 19 04:28:09 PDT 2013

Hey tweets!

Made a quick stop to 285th avenue east of the west valley highway in Kent yesterday. The fields there had some good mud and quite a few shorebirds. Walking up to the side of the road with my scope, I flushed a Wilson's Snipe, which sat in plain view for a minute before leaving. There were also Long-billed Dowitchers (8), Greater Yellowlegs (2), Killdeer (30), Least Sandpipers (8), and what I suspect was a Black-Bellied Plover which flushed and then was not relocated.

A couple of American Pipits were heard only as well.

Happy birding!

Tim Brennan
Renton