[Tweeters] Eide Road and Skagit photos

viper.bob at frontier.com viper.bob at frontier.com
Tue Oct 15 07:26:34 PDT 2013

I spent some time over the weekend at Eide Road and Fir Island searching for photo opportunities (always).

Fir Island highlight was finding 3 more blue morph snow geese, an adult dark- bodied bird with a dark juvenile at its side at Hayton Preserve and another adult dark-bodied one north of Paulson Road. This is in addition to the two I photographed last week near Jensen Access (definitely not the same birds). I hope they all survive the hunting season so that we can see more of them in years to come.
Eide Road had a large number of dowitchers, a few lesser yellowlegs, dunlin, leasts and westerns, all of which I tried to get flight shots. The excitement for me was the arrival a dark juvenile peregrine which made several unsuccessful passes through the flock allowing me to get a few images of it.
Photos in the Recently Added Images gallery of my website: www rlkimages.photoshelter.com
Bob Kothenbeutel
Woodinville
viper.bob at frontier.com