[Tweeters] RFI: Looking for "natural" Osprey nests in Puget Sound area

Kelly Cassidy lostriver at completebbs.com
Sun Oct 13 11:26:18 PDT 2013

Interesting observation, and, now that I think about it, I'm not sure I've
ever seen an osprey nest in an actual tree. Is it because big dead trees
have become rare (used for firewood; seen as possible falling hazard, seen
as potential fuel for fires, etc.)? Is it because nests are more visible on
platforms than in a dead tree in the midst of a forest? Or have dead trees
for osprey nests always been in short supply and now ospreys are having a
boom period because people are providing nests?

It's not in the Puget Sound, but there's always an osprey pair at Spring
Valley Reservoir near Moscow Idaho. Is their nest in a tree?

Kelly Cassidy