[Tweeters] single sex (and juvenile) flock of Purple Finches - typical?

Stewart Wechsler ecostewart at gmail.com
Sun Oct 13 07:39:36 PDT 2013

I was noting a flock of maybe 8 Purple Finches at Lincoln Park (Seattle),
perching on more stable branches and jumping up to eat the berries of Pink
Honeysuckle - Lonicera hispidula (the flexible honeysuckle vines wouldn't
have held their weight well) . All were either female or juvenile. I was
hoping to show a couple of friends with me a male. Does anyone know if
such single sex groups at this time of year are common?

-Stewart