[Tweeters] Skagit Sharp Tail Sand

Marv Breece marvbreece at q.com
Sat Oct 12 19:46:56 PDT 2013

Saw the following today at Fisher Slough in Skagit County. Located on Pioneer Hwy between Stanwood and Conway.

Sharp-tailed Sandpiper - 3
Long-billed Dowitcher - 500+
Greater Yellowlegs - 2
Swan (species) - 2

When I arrived at Fisher Slough, the only shorebirds I could find were a dozen LB Dows and a few Killdeer. As high tide approached, the dows came in in numbers. I think the sharp-tails came in then as well.

I also visited Eide Road as did many hunters. Scoped the ponds from the road.

White-crowned Sparrow (Gambel's) - singing
Sharp-shinned Hawk
Peregrine Falcon - grabbed a Dunlin from the water
Least Sandpiper
Western Sandpiper
Dunlin
Long-billed Dowitcher