[Tweeters] Pt D jaegers and Tahlequah Heermann's

Gary Shugart gshugart at ups.edu
Fri Oct 11 10:44:48 PDT 2013

Hi All: On Wed I stopped at Pt. Defiance about an hr before high tide. Bonaparte's gulls were only in the 100's not the 1000's I expected. From the Dalco overlook, there was one light parasitic jaeger chasing bonys. From the Gig Harbor overlook, there was one light and one very dark parasitic, again chasing bonys. No Franklin's gulls. You need a scope for good viewing from the overlooks and the road out to the overlooks is closed to motor vehicles on weekends.
There has been an adult Heermann's on the old Tahlequah dock for the past week hanging out with California gulls, but not there this morning.
Gary Shugart, Slater Museum, University of Puget Sound, Tacoma & Vashon Island