[Tweeters] Reply the post from Tyler Hicks of Oct 8

retief at deweydrive.com retief at deweydrive.com
Fri Oct 11 07:53:54 PDT 2013

I frequent the area you are referring to. And one thing that I find
disturbing in many discussions is misinformation. To your point #1,
every time I have been there I see clear signs of where the line is
between hunters/non-hunters, there are signs all over the place. In
fact I have images of SEO's sitting on these signs, which I find
humorous. I also find it off-putting when you add in phrases such as
"non-violent". This seems to imply that either hunters are de-facto
violent, or that somehow all people who bird or photograph are not.

I bring both of these up because it is the people like me, those in
the middle, that will need to support what you are trying to
accomplish. Trying to be controversial is all well and good, but if
in your attempt at "controversy" you alienate the people you need the
support from, I don't think it will do your cause much good.

Normally I would not post this reply publically, but since you started
the discussion here, I think it is appropriate.

I am sure the Admin folk will let me know if this is not appropriate.