[Tweeters] Point No Point: NO Little Gull

Joe Sweeney sweeneyfit at mac.com
Thu Oct 10 22:53:03 PDT 2013

Thursday morning, 10/10/13, at Point No Point, from about 10am to 12 noon, several birders were looking for the Little Gull, but most of the gulls were EXTREMELY far off shore, and I didn't hear anyone mention that they saw it.

The other birders all left by 12:30pm, but by 1pm the action was now much closer to shore.

Although I was unable to pick out a Little Gull amongst the scores of Bonaparte's Gulls, the interaction amongst all the birds was exciting to watch, especially when a PARASITIC JAEGER dropped by. To see a couple of photos of a Jaeger when it flew quite close to me, go to:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/sweeneyfit/

I left at 3:30pm.

Parasitic Jaeger - YES

Little Gull - NO