[Tweeters] Hoquium STP and Brady Loop

bill shelmerdine georn1 at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 10 06:41:54 PDT 2013

Greetings Tweeters,

Yesterday late afternoon I made a pass by the Hoquium STP and a pass through Brady Loop Road. The Hoquium STP were pretty quite with regards to waterbirds, but there was a good push of warblers moving through the area. The willows along the road near the wildlife refuge HQ were loaded with yellow-rumped warblers. Among them I observed 1 late yellow warbler and a single Orange-crown. Across the road there was a rather bright Palm Warbler feeding among the rocks between the main pond and the smaller pond closest to the airfield.

Along the Brady Loop Road I was able to locate 11 Sandhill Cranes. Several were first seen in the air, then they joined the rest of the birds on the ground in a field in the interior of the loop that was difficult to see from the road.

Good luck and good birding

Bill Shelmerdine, Olympia

georn1 at hotmail.com