[Tweeters] P-N-P Little Gull...Sorta

Rolan Nelson rnbuffle at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 9 15:59:31 PDT 2013

Greetings All,

Today I was able to spot the Little Gull off the lighthouse at Point-No-Point at around noon.   BUT.  There had been and later were, lots of talented birders there before and after it was spotted.  None of the them got on the bird as of 1:15 when I left.

So here's what I saw:  The gulls were feeding far off when a Jaeger flushed a larger gull, then turned on a much smaller one.  They worked their way toward me and as the small gull wheeled I noted a darkish cap, and upper wings that were more than 50 % black.  None of the Boneys I watched had anywhere near that much dark on their upper wings.

That's it for now.

-Rolan

Rolan Nelson
Fircrest, WA