[Tweeters] Horned Lark & Lapland Longspur at Discovery

jen kunitsugu beddove at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 12:18:28 PDT 2013

Hi Tweets,

Yesterday around noon, there was a Horned Lark foraging on the lighthouse
lawn. Possibly a first year. It was rather unconcerned with human and
canine presence, and came within feet of me several times. I was able to
get several photos. Link to one here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/39500599@N05/10140658243/

Also, the reliable Lapland Longspur was out and about along the South Beach
trail, hopping along the trail itself, occasionally flitting into tall
grass trailside or up into low-hanging branches.

Jen Kunitsugu
Seattle, WA
beddove AT gmail.com