[Tweeters] Gull Day

Qinglin Ma qinglineric at gmail.com
Mon Oct 7 10:01:11 PDT 2013

Hi Tweets,

Yesterday with the good weather and reports of rare gulls in Tacoma, I
decided to do a gull day.

First stop is the Log Boom in Tacoma. The gulls were 20 California, 30
Glaucous-winged, 5 Bonaparte, 1 Mew, 2 Ring-billed, 1 Western. No
Franklin's reported earlier.

Second Stop is the Gog-le-li-te. At the first pond, I found the
Slaty-backed with a group of Glaucous-winged. A Northern Harrier came and
spooked all the gulls. Why? On the roof top of the processing plant there
were 3 Thayer's. Thank Carol for helping me identify the Thayer's and
confirm the Slaty-backed.

So, a total of 7 kinds of Gulls.

Qinglin