[Tweeters] Sno/Skagit

Marv Breece marvbreece at q.com
Sun Oct 6 10:02:56 PDT 2013

Yesterday I birded various locations in Snohomish and Skagit Counties.

A few highlights.

Eide Road, Snohomish County
Sandhill Crane - 10
Cackling Goose - 1 minima
LB Dowitcher - 60 plus
Wilson's Snipe - 1
Peregrine Falcon - 1 molting into adult
Cooper;s Hawk - 1 juv
Least Sandpiper - 1
American Pipit - a few
Merlin - 2; 1 fem taiga & 1 fem pacific seen at same time
Baird's Sandpiper - 1 very bright juv; a personal late date for West Wash.

Jensen Access, Skagit County
Lincoln's Sparrow - 2
Peregrine Falcon - 1 adult
Yellow-rumped Warbler - several at Jensen and other locations as well
Northern Harrier carrying a snake ( a first for me)

Game Range, Skagit County
Peregrine Falcon - 1 adult
Orange-crowned Warbler - 1; VERY bright with well defined grey head (orestera? ; celata?); failed in photo attempt
White-crowned Sparrow - gambelii
LB Dowitcher
Greater Yellowlegs
Lesser Yellowlegs
Greater White-fronted Goose - 11
Cooper's Hawk - 1 juv
Barn Swallow
Swallow spec - non barn; VG or tree

Green Point, Wash Park, Anacortes, Skagit County
Marbled Murrelet - 18 or more
Bonaparte's Gull - too many to count
Black Oystercatcher

Looked briefly for THE Edison Merlin without success.

Marv Breece
Seattle, WA
marvbreece at q.com