[Tweeters] Notes from Roy - Beaver pond brings ducks +

Denis DeSilvis avnacrs4birds at outlook.com
Fri Oct 4 21:12:23 PDT 2013

Tweeters,
Arrived back in Roy from travels back East to find that the deluge last week, plus an active beaver, had created a huge pond/small lake in the pasture across the street. In addition to the 250+ Mallards, 20 or so Ring-necked Ducks, and 2 American Wigeon, was a lone CANVASBACK, the first I've seen down here and my first in Pierce county. I also saw four Barn Swallows feeding over the water.

Behind the house we had four Band-tailed Pigeons, the latest date for this species here, as well as a Varied Thrush, the earliest date for this species.

May all your birds be identified,

Denis DeSilvis
Avnacrs4birds at outlook.com

Sent from my Windows Phone