[Tweeters] Snohomish County Broad-winged Hawk

Greg and Sally Toffic toffic.family at frontier.com
Thu Oct 3 15:55:51 PDT 2013

This afternoon, while I was driving on I-5 returning to Everett from Fir Island, I had a light juvenile Broad-winged hawk fly across in front of me. It was a brief look, but traffic was light and I was able to get a satisfactory look at the bird's underside. Although I haven't seen a broadwing in several years, I have seen literally thousands of them in fall migration in New Jersey especially along the Watchung Ridge.
Greg Toffic