[Tweeters] Bush School area birds- Bohemian Waxwings? Vultures, Band-tailed Pigeons

Elizabeth Edgerton lizedge at mac.com
Wed Oct 2 09:46:17 PDT 2013

Hi Tweets,

I was lucky to be able to get a walk in my neighborhood (Denny Blaine, Bush School area) during our sunny break between downpours yesterday. Saw the local SPOTTED TOWHEE in Mud Park, and on my way back, edge of Mud Park in the high trees, what looked to me like a flock of BOHEMIAN WAXWINGS. I didn't get a good enough look to see the distinguishing marks, but they looked too big and grayish for Cedars. I've never seen Bohemians in the area before. Anyone?

After coming home, looking out the window, over the Bush School, many, many TURKEY FULTURES flying over; at the same time a small flock of BAND-TAILED PIGEONS made a brief stop in the nearby tree.

What a joy!
Elizabeth Edgerton
lizedge at mac.com

Sent from my iPad