[Tweeters] Franklin's Gull roosting in Tacoma.

Shep Thorp shepthorp at gmail.com
Wed Oct 2 06:22:34 PDT 2013

Hi Tweets,
Yesterday at 6pm I stopped to check the log booms at the Dick Gilmur Public Beach Access on SR-509 along the northeast shore of Commencement Bay, Tacoma, and a dark gray mantled, black capped and naped head with split eye-ring Franklin's Gull was roosting with Bonoparte's, Mew, and California Gulls. There we over 1,500 birds on the log booms with some large pink legged Gulls and Black Turnstone. Sadly, no Nisqually NWR walk today as the Refuge is obviously closed during the shutdown.
Good birding,
Shep Thorp
Browns Point
sthorp at theaec.com