[Tweeters] Turkey Vultures over Lynnwood WA

Kristi G dreamsome1 at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 2 04:48:11 PDT 2013

As I was on my way home from work yesterday I saw about 2 dozen birds all circling together above the Lynnwood/Brier area. My first thought was Vultures but I've never heard of or seen a Vulture in that area so I assumed it must be Hawks even though I've never heard of Hawks exhibiting this behavior. I was on my way home from work as I said so I didn't have my camera and I was also committed to getting on the freeway at this point or I might have searched and tried to get closer to them.

I'm hoping somebody can confirm or deny the possibility of a Kettle of Vultures (Turkey or otherwise) over Lynnwood or if anybody else may have seen them too. In researching it seems that this would be a fairly unseasonal sighting, the Turkey Vulture Society shows them as Summer residents only.

Kristi Bowman-Gruel
Snohomish