[Tweeters] Eide Road Monday

Rick Taylor taylorrl at outlook.com
Tue Oct 1 13:45:47 PDT 2013

Tweeters,

Tina and I ran out to Eide Road near Stanwood Monday after work. It was just after high tide; so, the ponds where recharged. There were swarms of Yellow-rumped Warblers, White-crowned Sparrows, and Barn Swallows. The first pond hosted a large flock of Dowitchers - mostly Long-billed. We checked the Pectoral Sandpipers closely; but, no Sharp-tails. There were two Peregrine Falcons and a Merlin that kept the shorebirds moving. Highlights included:
Lapland Longspur (1) -- on the road with White-Crowned SparrowsAmerican Golden Plover (1) -- in the grass at the far edge of the 3rd pondSnow Goose (4) -- low flyovers, first we've seen this fallRed-necked Phalarope (1) - in the first pond
Our full checklist is on eBird at: http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S15295221

This is turning into one of the most productive spots in Snohomish County. The eBird hotspot page for Eide Road is at: http://ebird.org/ebird/hotspot/L1667064

Good Birding!

Rick