[Tweeters] Trumpeter Swan, Ancient Murrelet, Gardiner/Discovery Bay

Jfgatchet jfgatchet at gmail.com
Mon Nov 25 18:31:39 PST 2013

This mourning 3 TRUMPETER SWAN flew through the the bay side of the yard just above tree level. I heard them calling before I saw them. Later in the morning they were resting on the lagoon at Gardiner Beach very close to the road.

Out on the bay 11 ANCIENT MURRELET were flying about. When they landed they all hit with a splash immediately swimming below the surface. They were under for 8-10 seconds before popping to the surface.

A COOPER'S HAWK was guarding the feeders this afternoon.

John F. Gatchet
Gardiner, WA

Sent from my iPhone