[Tweeters] collared Cackling Goose

Gary Bletsch garybletsch at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 25 17:32:12 PST 2013

Dear Tweeters and Joe,

Since a collared Cackling Goose was mentioned in a previous message to Tweeters, that reminds me that I saw a collared Cackler recently.

This was on 23 November 2013, at the Milepost 76 fields along SR 20, between Lyman and Hamilton, WA (Skagit County). In a flock of 800 Cacklers, along with 150 Canada Geese, one Cackler had a yellow neck band. That band had two characters written in black, "@ K."

A flock of about one thousand Cackling Geese has been hanging around the Lyman-Hamilton area for several days now, usually coming upriver in the morning, staying an hour or two, then moving downriver again.

Yours truly,

Gary Bletsch