[Tweeters] King & Pierce Red-shouldered Hawks, other birds

Matt Bartels mattxyz at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 24 17:59:45 PST 2013

Hi Tweets -
I'll second Tom's request for a status update on the King Co. Am. White Pelican - when I went by at first light this morning, it was [hopefully] tucked in as Tom reported. Anyone see it moving today?

In better news, I saw Red-shouldered Hawks in both Pierce and King Counties today - the Pierce bird was at Gog-li-hi-te, and the King one was the one previously reported at Kent Ponds -- I missed it in the morning, but it was present on my return trip in the afternoon.

Working up the south King co coast, things were mostly quiet today. Best other bird was a very cooperative Swamp Sparrow at the Dumas Bay Wildlife Area.

Good birding,

Matt Bartels
Seattle, WA