[Tweeters] Broadmoor Eagle in trouble?

Elizabeth Lowe lizedge at mac.com
Sat Nov 23 11:12:52 PST 2013

Tweets,

Late yesterday afternoon (5:00ish) on Foster Island in the Washington Park Arboretum, we saw one of the Broadmoor eagle pair seeming to have trouble flying. He/she flew from tree to tree, seeming to bump into and thereby breaking a couple of branches. It then flew over to the bank of cattails, settling on the shore. After a while of sitting there, he/she splashed in the water, hopped along the shore, didn't seem to be catching anything. At some point the mate flew to a nearby light standard on the bridge. Eventually he/she lifted off the shore and seemed to have a hard time flying as it barely cleared the bridge railing. We gasped as it seemed he/she flew onto the road (which we couldn't see), but know that no car hit it as none stopped as they whizzed by. We didn't see the eagle come out on the other side of the bridge, or anywhere thereafter.

So, I wonder if anyone has spotted anything unusual since, or better yet, if anyone has seen both eagles looking fit.

Elizabeth Lowe Edgerton
lizedge at mac.com
tel: 206-325-0757 preferred
cel: 206-714-4959