[Tweeters] Stellars Jay observation

Caryn Schutzler bluedarner1 at seanet.com
Fri Nov 22 08:36:52 PST 2013

Good cold morning, Tweeters -

Just was watching a jay trying to hide a whole peanut (must be from a neighbors yard)...it was trying to find a place to bury it but the ground since the soil is frozen, no luck.
He went to different spots, acting like a woodpecker, trying to hammer it into the ground. He tried a couple of pots - no luck there. It eventually went to an ivy-covered post on which my dovecote sits. He worked at the a spot which would hold it and then pulled some loose leaf litter and covered it. Satisfied, peanut hidden for a future snack - it flew off.

Uh-oh, now I hear tapping of the house...

Caryn / Wedgwood

Stay warm!