[Tweeters] Ft Flagler SP Jefco Snow Bunting

Paula Vanderheul pvanderheul at gmail.com
Sat Nov 16 14:01:15 PST 2013

This morning I led the field trip for Admiralty AS. We walked the spit
from the lower campground. The Snow Bunting was along the north side of the
spit on the sandy beach picking seeds without much care about people
getting close up. We scoped a Marbled Godwit at the tip of Red Island
across the bay inlet of our spit. 5 Long-tailed Duck out in the Port
Townsend Bay seen with scopes from the boat ramp near the campgrounds. Lots
of Common Goldeneyes, Horned Grebe, Red-necked Grebe, one Western Grebe,
Red-breasted Merganser, Surf and White-winged Scoter, Harlequin Duck and
Black-bellied Plover, Dunlin, and Sanderlings at the point of the spit.
Many other usual waterfowl, too. A good time birding with friends. Paula
Vanderheul