[Tweeters] Marymoor Park (Redmond, King Co., WA) 2013-11-14

Michael Hobbs birdmarymoor at frontier.com
Thu Nov 14 17:16:29 PST 2013

Tweets – the weather was way better than we had any right to expect. It rained, somewhat hard at times, between about 6:15 and 7:45, but as our official start time was 7:30, we mostly missed the precipitation. There was some mist for a while, and then not even that. And soon after I got home, rain started again, so we definitely dodged a bullet.

We had birds in little spurts, and nothing terribly notable. The CLAY-COLORED SPARROW seems to have moved on, maybe with the SAVANNAH SPARROWS. We found neither today, and I couldn’t find any eBird reports of those species at Marymoor from after Veteran’s Day.

Here are some of the highlights we *did* have:

Wood Duck Drake at lake
Green-winged Teal 3 at Rowing Club
Ring-necked Duck 1 at RC – First of Fall
Common Goldeneye 1 female at lake, First of Fall
Common Merganser Five flew north at about 7:45
Hairy Woodpecker Male in East Meadow
Northern Shrike Adult this week
Varied Thrush Male near windmill
American Pipit Heard twice over Compost Piles
Purple Finch Two, East Meadow, after 3 week absence

For the day, 57 species.

== Michael Hobbs
== www.marymoor.org/birding.htm
== BirdMarymoor at frontier.com