[Tweeters] Gr WF Geese Lake Stevens

Scott Atkinson scottratkinson at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 4 17:17:12 PST 2013

Tweeters:

There were 12 GR. WHITE-FRONTED GEESE over Tiny's Land in n. Lake Stevens yesterday morn, the best of about 20 species detected while working in the yard. Others included a lone AM. GOLDFINCH (a species which was late, as they don't winter at our place or in vicinity), and a TOWNSEND'S WARBLER (we normally get 1, and less often two, in the yard chickadee-kinglet flock for winter). Less enjoyable, a GREAT BLUE HERON picked off our best fish (about a 6" koi and two goldfish) in an apparent predation Friday, 11/1, leaving 6 or so goldfish. The bird overcame the presence of our small fountain's spray (I'd always read that they dislike moving water features), but I guess it was real hungry. Seems like GBHs always move around inland more at this time of year...

Scott Atkinson
Lake Stevens
mail to: scottratkinson at hotmail.com