[Tweeters] Oregon Oriole and Red-necked Phalarope

Kathy Andrich chukarbird at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 4 13:57:37 PST 2013

Hi Tweeters,

I haven't been on OBOL for a long time and I just checked
recent posts for either of these two birds from the archives
and did not see any reports of either.

Yesterday about noon I saw a Red-necked Phalarope just

north of the Maritime Museum before a squall blew me back
to my car.  I got a lousy but probably identifiable cell phone
photo of it.  This was in Astoria.

On Saturday afternoon I got a fleeting but definable to an
Oriole look at bird on SW Coast Avenue just south of the

Inn at Spanish head in Lincoln City.  There were birds

bathing in a gutter on a large house.  They were jockeying

for position.  Really all I saw was wow that is a bright yellow
bird and look at the black on the chin/upper breast and then

it dove into a large dense shrub never to show itself again.
I waited for quite awhile and nothing...

This time of year it could be any of the orioles, I was so
bummed to not get a better look.  I tried again Sat night and
yesterday morning to no avail.  If someone can forward this

to OBOL if you think anyone might be interested there I

would appreciate it.

Roosting in Kirkland,
Kathy Andrich
chukarbird   /    yahoo