[Tweeters] Peregrine at Lincoln Park - West Seattle

Tucker, Trileigh TRI at seattleu.edu
Mon Nov 4 13:30:43 PST 2013

Hi, Stewart and Tweeters,

Nice sighting, Stewart! When I read your message around 12:30, I ran over
to the tree you described, but couldn't see the falcon from any angle. I
assume it had traveled on by that point.

It's interesting that the tree in which you spotted it is within a few
tens of yards of the tree where I got a couple of poor photographs of one
2-1/2 years ago. That one was ID'd by another birder as an immature
Peale's peregrine. Photos of it are at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/trileigh/5425873079/in/set-72157616737500615/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/trileigh/5425872877/in/set-72157616737500615/

I wonder if this could be the same bird?

On another topic, I've looked each day along the Lincoln Park shoreline
for the American White Pelican, to no avail. I hope s/he's rejoined the
flock. (If you haven't seen them yet, I did manage to get some better
photos the second day the pelican spent along the beach here (11/2), which
are at flickr.com/photos/trileigh.)

Good autumn birding to all,
Trileigh

~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Trileigh Tucker
Lincoln Park, West Seattle
Natural history website: naturalpresence.wordpress.com
Photography: flickr.com/photos/trileigh

* * * * *