[Tweeters] update

wong chupaflor at igc.org
Sat Nov 2 13:35:18 PDT 2013

I continue to receive helpful and enthusiastic responses from local birders who desire to help increase diversity in the birding community in the PNW.

Prior to my Tweeters announcement, I had already done some research and made some contacts that might be of some benefit to us.
Since the announcement, I've been fortunate to get more offers of assistance, along with more ideas and thoughts. There is at least one local birder who will be attending the Focus on Diversity conference in Texas, and I hope to hear his report after he returns.

We seem to have a good group of folks interested, enough to get some work done in the area of diversity. I have also continued to dialogue with those involved in diversifying the birding community in other parts of the country. I will continue to keep Tweeters informed of our progress.

Meanwhile, I am completely open to further contact from those interested. I would prefer that people keep racist or otherwise hate-filled thoughts to themselves. We can and will proceed without your input.

On other note, I am wondering what, if any, interesting birds will show up due to the storms!

happy birding,
isadora wong
seattle, wa
chupaflor at igc.org