[Tweeters] American White Pelican -- West Seattle

Doug Schurman doug at bodyresults.com
Sat Nov 2 13:05:03 PDT 2013

As I drove up to the intersection where Lowman park is at about 10:25am I
saw the Pelican flying North coming from the water area and moving a bit
inland. I continued driving down the street and saw it one last time about a
mile north of Lowman. It was flying over the trees on the hill.

I spent another hours or so driving around trying to re-find it without any
luck. I checked all along the shoreline over to Salty's Restaurant and then
returned to Lowman Beach. The winds out on the water were amazingly strong.
The was a wind surfer that just came into the beach and I asked him how fast
he thought the winds were. He thought they were 45mph and maybe up to 50. At
times it was challenging to stand near the water.

Doug Schurman

NE Seattle