[Tweeters] Retraction--Grasshopper Sparrow Marblemount report 5/11

Scott Atkinson scottratkinson at hotmail.com
Fri May 31 10:03:25 PDT 2013

Tweeters:

After considerable pause and somewhat of a red face, I herein retract my earlier report for May 11 of the above-noted bird. I went back this last Memorial weekend and got closer looks at the bird. The bird did a bit of brief flycatching (!) above the cowpies and then flew off in a manner clearly not right for Grasshopper Sparrow. Although the bird had no bluish coloration visible, nor wingbars, I'm convinced this was an oddball LAZULI BUNTING, not a Grasshopper Sparrow, either a female or first-year male.

Scott Atkinson
Lake Stevens
mail to: scottratkinson at hotmail.com