[Tweeters] Juanita Bay Black Tern (yes, again!)

Warren Clemans wumpusbear at gmail.com
Thu May 30 22:42:40 PDT 2013

My daughter and I went out to Juanita Bay park to see if we could find the
black tern. We spoke with a photographer who said that he talked to folks
who saw the bird fly away before he got there, and he didn't see it. We
looked for a half hour or so and were convincing ourselves that wood
ducklings, barn and v-g swallows, and a bald eagle were plenty of great
birds for a weeknight. I had set up to take a few pictures of a barn
swallow, when my 11 year old daughter said, uncertainly, "Dad, black bird,
grey back?" She had spotted it on a branch in the water about 20 feet
behind my back. It took off before I could move the camera, but after
circling the bay a couple of times, it landed on the exact same branch as
before. It did that twice more before we left (at around 8:30 pm). We
were on the south viewing platform. Photos here:

http://flic.kr/p/eyifYH

and here:

http://flic.kr/p/eyifKa

Thanks, everyone, for the continuing updates about this wonderful bird.

Regards,
Warren Clemans
Seattle