[Tweeters] Black Tern - Juanita Bay Park & Boeing Ponds - status in King Co

Matt Bartels mattxyz at earthlink.net
Thu May 30 17:13:47 PDT 2013

Hi all -
Just following up on the Black Tern reports in King co. There was mention that this might be the first record for King co -- Though my personal first [yay!] , a quick check of Gene Hunn's book helps a lot for the context. These 2 Black Terns appear to be the 17th & 18th records for King County [the first occurring in 1975], and the 4th and 5th since 2000.

I was surprised the number was this high, as they have been mighty elusive in recent time.

Best,

Matt Bartels
Seattle, WA