[Tweeters] eagles & wigeon Sekiu

Tonia rsignor at centurytel.net
Wed May 29 15:42:36 PDT 2013

While sitting in Sekiu I counted NINETEEN eagles. The most I’ve ever counted there. While watching them and the sea lions who are rather enjoying halibut season a young eagle swooped down onto the sand and dropped a Wigeon. The wigeon staggered to a nearby dock and hid under it (only a foot above the sand). A second eagle joined the first as they tried to figure out how to get the wigeon from under there. An hour later the second eagle was still sitting on a piling waiting for the wigeon to show his head. Highly entertaining.

Tonia Signor
Sekiu, Washington